How can an EEP benefit your organization?
An EEP can assist in the following ways:
- Business planning: effectively coordinate all equality-related work carried out throughout the organisation.
- Forward planning: prepare for developments in legislation and best practice.
- Policy review: audit all employment policies against legislative requirements and best practice.
- Risk assessment: identify gaps and potential problem areas, thereby managing the risk of non-compliance with equality legislation.
- Quality assessment: input into quality initiatives such as EFQM and Investors in People.
- Communication: coordinate organisation-wide equality training and an awareness strategy.
- Promotion: raising awareness about your organisation´s commitment to equal opportunities, both internally and externally.
- Evidence: can be used to help outline to a tribunal how your organisation has taken all reasonably practicable steps to avoid discrimination.
- Partnership: access a full range of specialist knowledge, guidance, training and support from the Equality Commission.
- Investment/funding: assist your organisation in accessing private investment and EU funding by indicating and providing evidence of your commitment to equality of opportunity.