We are committed to making our website and applications accessible to our users. We are always happy to receive feedback. Please contact us if you have any problems using our site or wish to give us feedback.
The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland’s (ECNI) website has been developed to best practice coding conventions listed in the ATAG guidelines from the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and is successfully XHTML strict 1.0.
You can change the text size on this application to make it either larger or smaller via your browser settings. Some browsers will allow you to magnify the whole page. To change the text size, follow the instructions below:
- Click 'View' to open the View menu or press 'Alt' and 'V'.
- Select the 'Text Size' option or select by pressing 'X'.
- Choose your preferred text size using your mouse or use the up and down arrow keys
- Click to select the text size or press 'Enter'
The text size should change to reflect your choice
- Click ‘View’ to open the View menu
- Select the ‘Text Size’ option
- Select ‘Increase’ or ‘Decrease’
The text on our site should change to reflect your choice
- Click 'View' to open the View menu
- Click on 'Make Text Bigger' or 'Make Text Smaller' or to use the keyboard shortcuts select ‘Apple’ and ‘+’ (plus) or ‘Apple’ and ‘-’ (minus)
The text size on our site should change to reflect your choice
Consistent page headings and titles
A consistent heading structure has been used so that page information is compatible with access technology.
The following browsers have been tested for compatibility:Internet Explorer v8 and above:
- Google Chrome
- Firefox v3 and above
- Opera and mini opera
- Android browser
If you are an organisation and would like a publication in an alternative format please contact us
BrowseAloud - accessibility tool
BrowseAloud adds speech, reading and translation support tools to online content. It works on all major browsers and platforms, including mobile phones and tablets. All features are accessed from an easy-to-use floating toolbar located at the top right menu on all web pages. Read more about BrowseAloud